Forum Home Forum Home > The Parts Store > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

1979 Daytona Special and a ton of parts!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hardcore Biker
Hardcore Biker

Online Status: Offline
  Quote silver surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1979 Daytona Special and a ton of parts!
    Posted: 28-February-2012 at 8:44pm
I am selling all of my RD 400 parts and Daytona Special the bike is #29 very low vin number, I have a lot of engine hardware ,switches,rubber, engine side cases, Daytona has Fox shocks front and rear fender, matching motor and frame numbers i have a lot of stuff for the price. $3000 
I have a lot of factory info for these bikes and micro film too.RD,350,250,400, RZ 350,FZ,FZR,TZ Pm for pictures i can send too you. SS LOL

Daytona Special RD 400F #29,1978 RD 400E #287 1986&87 Yamaha FZ600s
RD400DChappyRed View Drop Down

Quote RD400DChappyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2012 at 1:44am
Hi There,

Talked to a guy named Ken, he thought you might be able to help me out.
I just bought a 1977 rd400 Chappy Red two weeks ago.
It's in really nice condition for it's age, 13,300 all stock and plan to keep it that way.
Looked a long time for this one.
What I am needing is the right side cover in the best condition possible. Someone before I owned it broke off the bottom pin.
The oil tank is in good shape except for a little paint and mostly decal problem, but it's not super bad. If I can get both that would be very nice. save me a lot of trouble.
And about the only other thing is some acid got on the frame and right pipe.
My pipes are in really good condtion, no rust. This is what I can do find another set or get my re-chromed.
This bike has that wow! what blast from the past feeling, so it turns heads.
About the only other thing I would do is replace the reeds, mine are stock and I understand they break and cause all kinds of problems. I don't plan on racing it just short rides and mostly shows.
It's a clean machine and it will clean up rather well.

Thanks and look forward to hearing back from you!

Peter

" When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did."
silver surfer View Drop Down
Hardcore Biker
Hardcore Biker

Quote silver surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2012 at 3:24pm
I don't have any right side covers Peter, Iam actually selling all of my RD stuff parts and bike. Take it easy. SS LOL
Daytona Special RD 400F #29,1978 RD 400E #287 1986&87 Yamaha FZ600s
RD400DChappyRed View Drop Down

Quote RD400DChappyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2012 at 4:37pm
Thanks SS

I know you're getting out of the RD's if you know of someone out there send them to me.
Thanks

" When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did."
shocktower View Drop Down

Quote shocktower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2012 at 2:32pm
Where is the picture of your Daytona Wink
Do you have a 400 kick starter asymbly (sp?) 
pharmyphil View Drop Down

Quote pharmyphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2012 at 5:43am
To be or not to be has always confused me
pharmyphil View Drop Down

Quote pharmyphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2012 at 5:44am
Do you have a stock set of daytona cylinders?
To be or not to be has always confused me
 Post Reply Post Reply